This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Friday, October 06, 2006

Great Place for an Overnight

A couple of weekends ago, I took my son camping for his first hiking-overnight. It was a big deal because we hiked in - it wasn't just car camping.

We invited a couple of his friends to come with us, along with my dad and step mom and one of Nick's friend's mom. Everyone carried gear - the kids even chipped in and carried their own packs filled up with their clothes.

So, the place to go is Point Reyes - specifically Coast Camp. There's a couple of easy routes to go: one route is up and over a small hill and it's 1.8 miles and the other round is 2.9 miles on a flat lazy path. The sites are a 2 minute walk to the beach and you can hear the waves crashing on the beach at night. Point Reyes is about an hour drive from San Francisco.

I highly recommend you check this out, whether it's with the kids, with some friends, or for a quick escape from reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home