This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Friday, July 21, 2006

Storming in the Rockies

I am here in Keystone, Colorado attending a conference for work. Boy oh boy, this sure is a beautiful place.

I went for a quick hike after 6 hours of educational sessions and meetings. I ventured out to climb from Loveland Pass (11,500 feet) up a steep ridge to Loveland Mountain (13,100 feet). About two-thirds of the way up, I got caught in a torrential rain and hail storm. The temperature dropped about 15 degrees in 10 minutes. I was soaking wet and freezing when I got back to the car.

I turned on the radio once I was in the car and there was a weather reporter talking about lightening storms. The reporter sited that the states with the highest incidence of people struck by lightening are:

Florida
Texas
Colorado

Sounds about right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home