This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Monday, February 13, 2006

Places to Stay in London

I am heading to London next week for some work meetings. A friend of mine has traveled to London many-a-time and gave me a nice list of places to stay while in London. Apparently the hotel industry in London is very fragmented and it's tough to know exactly what your dollar (pound) will get you. $300 can get you a decent place with wireless access or it can also buy you a small hole in the wall on the out skirts of town with mold in the shower. Here are Hemant's recommendations:
  • In Knightsbridge: The Chelsea Hotel or The Basil Street Hotel
  • Near the Liverpool Station (tube): Great Eastern Hotel
  • In Bloomsburry: MyHotel (this is where I am staying next week- Hem says it's hip, funky, cool and near shows, shopping and good food). About $220/night.
  • In the center of town, in the financial district: Grange City Hotel
  • Lastly, there's St. Martin's Lane which Hem said is pricey and very nice, but I don't know exactly where it is... I looked it up and it's "only" $330.

I will let you know how it all goes upon my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home