This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Friday, October 10, 2008

Good Advice as We Enter Hard Times

We here at the KroBlog would be labeled "out-of-touch," or "calloused" if we were to ignore the financially catastrophic events which have besieged the globe over the past two weeks.

I was on an email chain started by Chris Zaharias discussing the meltdown, and at some point on the chain, we received some good writing and a good outlook from Alexander Kawa who was also on the chain. Here's what Alexander has to say:

"I think it's going to be challenging to make "lemonade out of lemons" but what else can one do? I am concerned that while it is important for us to understand in better detail the problems of today's circumstances, it is also important to seek new and more meaningful opportunities. This may mean we need to reinvest in ourselves by first discovering our own personal inspirations, develop passions and then obtain the skills to get to this better place.

I don't think purely investing in one commodity or vehicle is necessarily the way out this mess. It's not that I think it's not a good investment decision. I just think circumventing a potential for malaise stemming from this crises can be achieved if we do some introspection and take thoughtful actions. Motivated by the work we do, not its fruit, and seek to innovate because it is how we deal with our own "inner fire," I think we can best handle what Kevin Phillips suggests is going to be a 20 year problem."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home