This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Make Your Own Olives

The local Greek Festival is this weekend (September 3 - 5) in Belmont, California. In the spirit of this event, I thought I would post some of my experiences around olive curing. As you know, olives are a delicacy in Greece...

I have been growing and curing olives for the last few years for my friends and family. I had two small trees in my backyard and they grew a small amount of tiny, but tasty olives.

We moved a couple of months ago, and the new place is void of olive trees. So, I looked and looked and found this great farm in the Central Valley where you can buy olives for curing (or olive oil) for $14/10 pounds. The farm says it should be ready to ship in mid-September.

I have used a great recipe for my formula for curing. It takes about 3 - 4 weeks in total.

If you're an olive enthusiast, I encourage you to order 10 pounds or so and experiment with your own personal olive concoctions. You can get some nice mason jars at your local Safeway or Albertsons to store the olives in and let them ferment a bit. Home cured olives make great gifts or host gifts for dinner parties.

Just a little tip from the KroBlog.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shit, man! Just so you know... 10 pounds is a lot of olives.

4:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Ram Shriram cures his own olives.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Kro said...

Yes, while it is true that 10 pounds is a lot of olives, it's not much when you're making olive oil, nor is it much when you give away the olives in pint size jars to your friends and co-workers.

4:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geico car insurance
texas car insurance
car insurance group
car insurance in new jersey
cheap car insurance rate
florida car insurance
car insurance for woman
car insurance quote online uk
usaa car insurance
best car insurance quote
car insurance canada
aaa car insurance
compare car insurance rate
car insurance n
buy car insurance
compare car insurance
car insurance n
car accident insurance
car
insurance philadelphia

in car insurance
free car insurance quote
texas car insurance
car insurance dallas
tesco car insurance
car insurance broker
car insurance estimate
aa car insurance
nationwide car insurance
young driver car insurance
car insurance cost

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
infinity car insurance

3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cardiffmiller.com/pubs/buyvalium/#41687 drug interactions tramadol valium - valium side effects for dogs

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home