This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Kro is Stalked by a Bird of Prey

I was walking my dog, Curly, last night down at La Entrada School in Menlo Park when I got the distinct feeling that I was being watched. The sun had just gone down, so I got a little creeped out when the feeling came over me.

Much to my chagrin, the thing that was stalking me was nothing but a simple owl. I thought to myself, "While the owl is certainly a bird of prey, there is no way an owl would attack a 155 pound male with an 80 pound dog...right?"

Allow me to say that the aforementioned chagrin lasted all of about 15 seconds. The owl's wing-span was a solid 5 feet and he was definitely circling Curly and me. I started getting really worried after the owl had circled me about 7 or 8 times.

At this point, I stopped and started waving my arms and yelling, which the owl mistook for me "waving him in," and he began to dive bomb just a few feet above my head. Now my heart was pounding and of course Curly was oblivious to the whole thing. So, being a relatively intelligent person, I ran as fast as I could towards the closest building. The owl was persistent and he continued to circle my dog and I as we ran the 90 seconds to safety.

He finally gave up but only after 4 minutes of playtime and circling me 30 - 40 times.

Damn that owl. Damn him!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Myers said...

Does this mean that the owl was likening you to a large rodent?

7:58 AM

 
Blogger Kro said...

I would say that the owl either: 1) mistook me for a crow, or 2) mistook me for a "tasty burger."

3:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home