This is my attempt to create some interesting musings, uberservations and, perhaps, insights on both my personal and professional life.

Google
 
Web krokro.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

So few people

I am one of those people who worries. One of the things I worry about is overpopulation. Overpopulation in the Bay Area. Overpopulation in California. Overpopulation in the US. In China. In India. The whole world! It's too damn crowded!

But one place that isn't overpopulated is Greenland. I don't have to worry about overpopulation in Greenland. Guess how many people live in Greenland?

BTW, according to The Economist and Wikipedia, it's the world's largest island. I had always thought Australia was the world's largest island, but apparently by definition of land masses Australia is part of the larger continent of Australasia??? Alas I digress...

Guess - how many people? 10 million? 1 million? Not even close...56,000 inhabitants. It's a country for goodness sakes! (Or is it a country? Or is it part of Denmark's monarchy? Or a province or something...?)

For certain, Greenland is NOT overpopulated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home